Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript has not been previously published, is not before another journal for consideration; nor will it be until after such time the manuscript has either been withdrawn from further consideration or it has been decided that the manuscript will not be published in the CGJ or an explanation has been provided to the Editor. Refer to our policies on “Duplicate Publication and Concurrent Submission”
- The manuscript is original, and neither it nor any illustration, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright. For material that has been previously published, refer to our “Permissions” policy.
- The author(s) hereby agree that the submission adheres to CGJ policies on Authorship, declaring Conflicts of Interest, Research Ethics and Informed Consent, Acknowledgements and Funding, which are sourced in turn from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
- The manuscript follows the general structure and specific instructions pertaining to the applicable submission type as outlined in CGJ’s Author Guidelines, and when applicable, the appropriate reporting guideline has been followed.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format with a common typeface used such as Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, or Times in 12 points, and pages are consecutively numbered. References, figure captions, and tables, in that order, are also included after the text.
- Tables (if applicable) are formatted using the table tool in a word processing program. All tables (including associated title and legend) appear in consecutive numerical order after the references in the main manuscript file. All tables are referred to in the text.
- Figures (if applicable) are to be uploaded as separate files in an accepted format and not embedded in the manuscript file. All figures are referred to in the text.
References have been formatted according to the reference style outlined by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), also referred to as “Vancouver Style”, and
- Have been checked for accuracy and completeness.
- Are numbered consecutively in the order they are cited in the text; all listed references have been cited in the text.
- All in-text citations include superscript numbers with parentheses.
- A title page, that includes all required details as outlined in the Author Guidelines, is provided as the first page of the manuscript file.
- A cover letter, that contains ALL required details as outlined in the Author Guidelines, including the names and contact details of three potential reviewers, is provided in separate file from the manuscript. Failure to include a cover letter with your submission may result in automatic rejection of your manuscript.
- It is understood that an Article Processing Fee (APF) is payable for articles accepted for publication in the CGJ. The APF is $900.00 CAD for members of the Canadian Geriatrics Society (CGS) and $1,150.00 CAD for non-CGS members, plus applicable taxes. The author will be requested to pay the fee upon notification of article acceptance. The APF applies for all articles accepted for publication under the following sections; Original Research, Short Reports, Reviews, Guidelines, Perspectives, non-solicited Commentaries, and Reflective Pieces. Editorials, Invited Commentaries and Letters to the Editor are exempt from paying this fee.
Authors contributing to the Candian Geriatrics Journal retain copyright of their work, with exclusive publication rights granted to the Canadian Geriatrics Society upon article acceptance. Read the journal's full copyright policy.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.